Enrolled agents (EAs) are federally authorized tax practitioners who have demonstrated technical competence in tax law and are the only taxpayer representatives licensed to practice by the United States government. Only EAs, attorneys, and CPAs may represent taxpayers without limitation before the IRS. EAs advise and represent taxpayers who are being examined by IRS, taxpayers who are unable to pay, and taxpayers who wish to avoid or recover penalties. EAs prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any other entities with tax-reporting requirements. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all EAs specialize in taxation and are required by the federal government to maintain their professional skills with continuing professional education.
In layman terms…we are America’s Tax Experts!!
• We must pass competency exams and take continuing education to ensure knowledge of changing tax laws.
• We receive authority from the federal government and therefore may represent taxpayers in any state in the U.S.
• We may hold taxpayer’s Power of Attorney and represent them before the IRS for inquiries and audits. We have the same rights before the IRS as a Tax Attorney or CPA.
• We have Accountant-Client privilege in non-criminal tax inquiries and tax litigation.
• Our fees are generally 20% lower than a Tax Attorney, CPAs, or big-box tax services.
At Hoover Tax Services we know that most taxpayers are terrified of the IRS. We aren’t! EAs specialize in Income Tax… We SpEAk Tax!!